Re: (TFT) Re: Stuff

James Eckman writes:

> Haven't seen it yet, but according to Barbara Tuchman, Tarleton
> was a real nice guy.  Other than minor offenses like, massacres
> of surrendering troops, destruction of private homes, properties
> and crops, and the arrest of civilians taken off to prison hulks
> were many died.

Well, he wasn't called "The Butcher" for nothing.

There's a micro that covers Tarleton's defeat (at Cowpens?) called
"Morgan's Rifles".  I haven't had a chance to play it yet but it
looks representative of the battle.

Gibson's characater in the film is a rollup of three men: Daniel
Morgan, Nathaniel Greene and Francis Marion.  Francis Marion, aka
"The Swamp Fox", is an interesting character.  He was a master of
guerilla warfare, using the South Carolina swamps to cover his
movements.

Dan