Re: (TFT) Poison Paralysis & Ghoul Touch

From: "grabowski" <grabowski@erols.com>
Subject: (TFT) Poison again
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 01:39:01 -0400

To keep it S&S as I proposed before, perhaps there should be only two types of poison --- damage related (giant spider does
2d6)and paralysis related

Poison II example: A character gets bitten by another type of spider that has a fast acting paralysis poison that works in a turn. The character must make a 4d v. ST or be paralysed for 24 hours.

Yours in Cidri,
Justin

I have used a paralysis type effect for my Ghouls (I think this might be similar to D&D).

Ghoul Touch is a 'poisonous' paralysis which spreads quickly from the portion of Flesh touched. Successful touch spreads the paralysis one body segment each turn. Thus if you get touched in the right arm this turn that arm goes limp. Next turn it jumps to your left arm which goes limp. Next turn it jumps to your right leg which goes limp and you either drop or drag the leg. Next turn it jumps to your left leg which goes limp. Now you either drop or roll to stay up, but you can't move or shift. Next turn it enters your abdomen and your lower half is numb (do your bowels loosen?). If you're standing, make another Dex roll. Next turn its reached your chest, breathing is either slowed to sleep level or spastic. You drop!. Last is the head which either causes you to go unconscious or your completely wide awake and aware, but can't do anything about it.

Let this paralysis last for an hour. That will be enough time to be killed off in battle, or immediately eaten by ghouls or give the ghoul harvesters enough time to haul the carcus back to the Ghulistan.

For attacks: This is a Ghoul claw or bite. The paralysis of the ghoul touch is instant on flesh. So if there is any damage caused by the ghoul, paralysis starts. But the paralysis effect is so powerful that it imbeds itself into the armor for a few rounds and an accumulations of strikes but no damage can even cause paralysis.

Metal completely stops, leather stops 4 touches, cloth stops 3 touches, shirts stop 1 touch. However, if clawed the damage that gets through starts the paralysis. This works on all humanoids, though elves can make a savings throw at +2. Reptile men are immune.

Ghouls spread ?living dead? disease. (If you are shredded or bitten by ghoul and survive, you have a chance of being infected: Save vs ST-6. If you seek medical or herbal care in 1/2 hour, the risk drops to: Save vs. ST-2. If, in 5 hours, you seek a miracle-worker who can cure disease, the miracle will negate any risk. If you become infected you will become a walking dead in 6 hours.) DM makes any savings rolls.

{AT THE INFIRMERY: Gee, Imalgo, you've been staring at my broken arm for over an hour. You don't look so well; you're face looks all leathery, your eyes look sunken and yellow... your aaaahhhhhhhhhhh.}

Hail Melee

John Paul

P.S. Back in February, I promised I would put out some things on the undead. I have been remiss and have not approached the subject. Perhaps when Rick puts his undead upgrade out, I will make that trek too.