Re: (TFT) RE: Converting Dungeons and Droolers

Brett wrote:
> From: "Anthony Merlock" <amerlock@execpc.com>
> > And my experience with TFT is that you have wizards with no talents and
> all
> > combat spells, or heroes with all combat talents (except for the token guy
> > who sacrifices 2 int so he can take physiker).
>
> I played TFT twice a week for 2.5 years in college. We never had an entire
> party that fit your description. I actually can't remember a single PC who
> did. We had an NPC who was a combat monster, but everyone else (even the
> knight) had well-rounded characters. The mages took a variety of spells, not
> just combat spells. Now, it was rare for the mage to have more than one
> or two non-spell talents. Heroes took such things as Charisma, Seamanship,
> Recognize Value, etc. I guess I just played with well-rounded roleplayers.

You don't happen to want to move to the Milwaukee, Wisconsin area, do you?  We
have a nice climate at least one week a year, plenty of cheese and beer -
everything a person needs to prosper!  And, we have the Packers!  Not
those wussy Vikings that are up der in Minnesota.

The quality of the role-players I currently game with (friends and family)
varies greatly, and (right now) leans quite a bit to the hack&slash type.
But, we have fun.

Tony