Re: (TFT) Ahhh, completeness!

Mack Brewer wrote:

> Hell, I still play Civilization on the computer.
> As a bonus, it even runs on my old 386 laptop so
> I can drag it around if I want to.
>
> and I still haven't seen ANY space game out yet
> that matches "Master of Orion" or MOO2 for sustained
> playability and fun.

Space Empires III, by Malfador Machinations deserves a look.  4X,
turn-based.  Design individual ships and build a fleet, explore,
colonize, and build and defend your empire.  And it will run on any
machine I've tried it on yet.  (Windows, that is)  SE IV is supposedly
coming out 'any day now', but that's kind of like waiting for the next
turn in an email game.  :)

> For that matter, I still try and talk people into
> playing DragonQuest, the old SPI rpg.

A good game, buried by TSR.

> But be damned if the "brainwashed" idiots
> (sorry, ranting) will try TFT instead of their
> beloved AD&D. They're still browbeating me into
> DM'ing another AD&D Campaign and I have absolutely
> ZERO interest in it! (I did buy all the books though
> to give them a good, thorough read)

What's your price?  I'd like to do that thorough read, myself, but just
can't justify the cost for a system I'm not going to use.

> Yep, it's NEARLY as good as TFT was back in 1982!

Impressive.  :)