Re: (TFT) It's all in the storytelling

From: "Ruthann Gray" <grabowskis@earthlink.net>
To: tft@brainiac.com
Subject: (TFT) It's all in the storytelling
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 23:33:33 -0500

Remind me never to play in either your or DMG's campaigns.   The
concept of a RPG DM/GM/FM is to act as a storyteller not a killer or "Monty
Haul".  I'm surprised either of you have players.  But then again
hopefully you have grown out of that middle school/junior high mentality in the
many years since then.  I know I can scare the hell out of my players more
with a sound than with an physical encounter.  Scary sounds behind a door
turn more players away than a dozen gobbo's.  Randy and Rick know how to do
this well in their Pbem games (Rick's is over but Randy's is still running in
Sanctuary).

    I can respect that.

    David Michael Grouchy II