RE: (TFT) Never played in my campaign again

Tim,
The holding gem, and other experiences, sounds familiar. I designed dungeons in a stone. An entire dungeon extra dimensionally shrunk into a stone. The wizard who carried it would teleport his opponents into it. They could then fight it out with his other enemies. I never thought of using a, as you call it, 'holding gem' for characters who's players are not present. Not bad. If the ENTIRE party is lost, then so is that character.

    David Michael Grouchy II