Re: Re: (TFT) Ty's New TFT Campaign -- Swords 'n Space

If a low-velocity penetrator can get through the material, then low-velocity,
high-calibre solid penetrators would be the norm - imagine a low-velocity
gun that fires adamantium crossbow bolts.  True, range would be limited,
but it'd still hurt like hell, and would still be preferred over swords.

I think a swords & space campaign could be done with realistic tech, but
there would have to be strong sociological reasons to limit firearm use
in favor of melee weapons (again, see the movie "demolition man" - guns
were restricted for so long, the only place they could be found were in
museums, and in the underground).  But, in this case, the punishment for
having firearms (or just unlicensed firearms) would be *incredibly* severe.

In this case, guns would probably be biometrically linked to their licensed
owners, and every time a gun was fired, pictures & data from the shooting
would be transmitted to a central computer for analysis and law enforcement
purposes.