Re: (TFT) Ty's New TFT Campaign -- Swords 'n Space

Ty Beard wrote:

> I assumed that weapons would become sharper and better at
> getting through armor as tech levels increase. The ultimate
> weapon is the monomolecular sword, which goes through any armor.

Nice in theory, but what lets Kevlar do its thing is how long its
molecules are.  It's sort of a 'monomolecular' thread.  When they
develop the tech to stretch a molecule along a blade edge, I'll try to
file the patent on stretching the same molecule into a thread.  What
happens when two 'monomolecules' meet?

I'm sure there's a reason why nobody's done it in your world.  You just
have to figure out what it is.  :)