Re: (TFT) Yet another old curmudgeon who plays with old things...

"Neil Gilmore" <raito@raito.com> wrote:
> That's a pretty good synopsis. I think that the first real email used UUCP
> as its transport. As for newsgroup archives, there's always dejanews.

I used to administer email by UUCP.  It makes me shudder to think about
it now :)    ...!brown!cadre!jh   There's good news about old news: Deja
has been bought by Google, who has said that they'll put Deja's FULL
news archive back on line.  I have the feeling that Deja's move cheesed off
the geeks who started Google, and decided that buying Deja to get the
archives back was totally feasible :)

No TFT content here, but I wanted to stick my head in and say I'm still
around.  I'm working 'way too much lately, but see the point when the
insanity turns down into merely dementia!