Re: Re: (TFT) Slippery Demons

From: srydzews@ix.netcom.com

Hm, I'd say that just because it's teleporting doesn't
mean it's casting a spell...somewhat like the distinction
between spells and spell-like abilities in D&D.

> This is the only case of a spell going off during
> movement that I know of.

How about the flying movement of gargoyles?  IIRC their
ability to fly is attributed to a magical spell/effect.

Interesting counterpoint. Let me think for a second. There is a difference. It is a mere nuance, but allow me to ilustrate. If a gargoyle, or anyone else, is moving with the benifits of a flight spell; they have a listed MA and the spell is cast as an action. In the case of a gargoyle, the spell was activated when they first learned to fly. With a demon they teleport instead of move. The have no MA listed. The spell would have to be activated during the movement phase. Thus while both are forms of magic, one is continuing and one is not.

    David Michael Grouchy II