Re: Re: (TFT) Illusory Light?

srydzews@ix.netcom.com writes:

> dan tulloh wrote:
> > While I agree that it a stretch of the imagination to
> > believe that sheer force of will can cause deep cuts
> > or lacerations, I  believe that the victim of the
> > illusion can believe they are there and will respond
> > accordingly.
>
> This is precisely the notion that my +2 armor example
> addresses.  If none of the parties involved know
> the target of the illusion's attacks is wearing
> magical armor, why would its magical bonuses stop
> the psychosomatic wounding effects?

I suppose you could argue that the +2 magical defensive
enhancement protects against ALL attacks which can
cause its wearer physical damage, regardless of whether
that damage is real or imagined.  Otherwise, doesn't
this have a danger of descending into a kind of circular
argument?

I mean, what would happen if you used an illusion of a
+3 sword to attack your opponent?

> I believe the line about someone being 'hacked
> to bits' by an illusion is a direct quote from AW.

It might be, I seem to recall something like that being
said in AW as well.  I dont want to cause a big ruckus
here, most folks on the list seem to be of the opposing
view.  That's ok ... maybe we can agree to leave each
other to their ... illusions.   :)

Dan