Re: (TFT) I am Lazarus, Back from the Dead...

Hail Melee...

This is John Paul.  I am returned from circumstances that
had left me uncommunicative.  My computer blew up last
October from a lightning strike on a power line that
jumped my surge protector.

John,
Welcome back. On a technical note, I have trouble shot a lot of lightning strikes; radio broadcast towers, nuclear power high voltage lines, celular towers, et. al. One of the big secrets to lightning protection is to tie the power cord in a simple knot. Despite all of its power lightning refuses to travel in a circle. Just loop the cord through itself once and lightning will burn through the insulation and find another place to go. Of course this assumes a direct hit. A knot in the cord will not protect from a power spike caused by a near miss. Most surge protectors will handle that though.

   David Michael Grouchy II