(TFT) Astral Antics

I've recently come into the possession of a PC with the Astral
Projection spell.

What potential!

Consider, for 10 ST, you've got an hour to scout, spy, explore...
sightsee among the moons of Jupiter... OK, maybe not.

But for 13 or 16 ST, you can go anyplace you've been before, and carry
on a one-minute conversation with anyone and everyone there, if you know
Image or Illusion.  A carefully prepared and formatted Image of a report
from a far-flung colony or other concern could be transcribed by a team
of waiting scribes, each working on a different paragraph.

Astral search and rescue?  No, not really.  But search and inform?  "We
know you're lost.  Follow the river to the big tree, then head West."
If your campaign has any healing spells, you can save lives this way.
Fire, Open Tunnel, even the transient Wall might serve, and of course
there's got to be some I've missed.  Some big ST costs from the Astral
Plane... (Open Tunnel at 30 ST brings our total to 40 ST, but what's a
guild for, if not to allow such things?)

It galls to imagine some upstart guild carving their sigil on the face
of the Moon...

Long-Distantce Telepathy?  HAH!  Two mages who know Astral can chat for
an _hour_, meeting at the Pyramids of Giza every ThorsDay.  Or the first
drops by, throws an Image into his buddy's workroom, and the buddy
Astrals in response.

I mentioned scouting.  You'd need to keep your speed low enough to
actually be able to see things, but if it's armies you're watching for,
you should be able to cover hundreds of miles during the spell.  And any
particular target zone can be thoroughly examined, and the Astral mage
debriefed by having him Image what he saw, or via Telepathy.