Re: (TFT) House Rules: Staves?

> Once you get to using doors and trees the effect may be so in violation of
> magics "similarities" laws that it will simply have very little effect....

I personally don't have trouble with the doors and trees. Doesn't it say
'pick up' for an exploding treat? Rather hard to pick up a tree or door. And
I suppose you could use one as a weapon, if you could lift and swing it...

I have more of a problem with the toothpicks...

Really, if a wizard wants to burn 5ST on a 2 die trap, it's not such a big
deal to me. It still shows up as magic (without Conceal). Sure, Blast Trap
(and Explosive Gem) are higher in IQ and ST, but a lot more versatile. Blast
trap has a rule to set it off, and does area damage. Explosive gem can be a
lot more powerful.

Really, what you have is (nearly every) wizard able to use up 5ST for the
possibility of inflicting as much damage as a (broad) swordsman can do every
turn.

(Boys, don't move that oak table without my permission...)

Neil Gilmore
raito@raito.com