Re: (TFT) Rick's Old /Space Gamer/ Ad

David Michael Grouchy II writes:

> A perfect example of this, and one that suprises many long
> term TFT players, is this little tidbit from the magic
> system.  It's under the section on THROWN SPELLS and lays
> a very serious limitation on them.
>
>      "Only one Blur, one Dazzle, one Stone Flesh, one
>      Shock shield, etc., can be cast on any given figure
>      at a time.  These spells are not cumulative"
>          -Advanced Wizard, page 4
>
> Many high powered characters had magic items with both Stone
> Flesh and Blur on them.  As it turns out they can only have
> one "Activated" at a time.  This causes a major reduction in
> super characters.

That wasn't my take on that particular line at all.  My
understanding was that a person couldn't have two Blur
spells active at the same time, but that they could have
a Blur spell on with a Stone Flesh, etc.

Blur is an active spell which reduces the character's
probability of being hit, Dazzle reduces the attacker's
chances of hitting you (a fine line, but its there none-
theless), while Stone Flesh reduces the amount of damage
sustained once hit.  These are all different from each
other and I see no reason why there couldn't be spells
which benefit a character from each of them.

Dan