Re: (TFT) Fatigue Damage?

Michael Taylor wrote:

> Right now there seems to be a difference in the TFT rules between fST
> (fatigue) damage caused by casting spells and "Subdual" damage (AM:26)
> caused by trying to knock someone out.
>
> This means that you can currently kill yourself if you do nothing else but
> cast more spells than you have ST.
>
> How do most people rule on this? Leave it alone? Treat Subdual and fST
> damage the same?
>
> Just curious
> Michael

Rules say you can't cast a spell that would kill you from ST cost.  They
do allow you to knock yourself out from the cost, though.

The TFT range of unconsiousness (at 1ST you're KO'd, at 0ST you're
dying) is rather narrow for most tastes, and one of the things most
often patched in house rules.  I personally gave all humanoid figures up
to (negative) their ST before death.

But then, I also let Shamans kill themselves casting Curse.