RE: (TFT) Orc Swill --> Drinking selves to death

Hi all,
	You have to be in a pretty dangerous situation
in my campaign before you get the "make a DX roll or
drown" statement.

	I believe the last time I had a PC make this
roll, they did not have swimming, had fallen into
a white water river during run off, had been knocked
silly by being thrown head first into some rocks,
had missing two earlier swimming rolls (took fST
damage by not getting that breath of air).

	Lastly they were under a small waterfall and
the current kept sweeping them in circles while
holding them underwater.

	In this situation I had them roll vs DX or
die. (They lucked out and lived!)

	The reason I mention this is that while you
CAN die from drinking, swimming is more dangerous.

	Any drinking rules that result in someone
dying should require:

1)	The player drinks a just silly amount of alcohol.
2)	Critically (not auto-failure but critically) fails
two consecutive saving throws.
3)	Note that if you have any friends still standing
you still might get away with it, (you're choking but they
roll you over).

	I'm obviously not talking about the liver damage
caused by years of over drinking.

	To simulate liver damage:

	Once a year a Drunk must roll 3vsST to avoid long
term health damage. If they fail they permanently lose
one point from their maximum ST. (If they critically fail
they lose 3 points to max ST.)

	These rules will result in some people's health
being steadily eroded by years of drink, but some people
(with high ST) being basically immune. This is some what
realistic (close enough for game terms).

	Rick