(TFT) Re: TFT Digest V3 #277

I haven't played for a zillion years, but I used to play w. a
bunch of physics students, and they insisted that everything
had an explanation, whether we knew it or not. I think this
attitude sometimes was a great benefit for the gm, since we
built up an understanding of our fictional magic that made
it easier to come up with more.

As for information spells, the information has to come from
somewhere, even if it is "the force that binds all things".
If so, then like the www the fact that there are 6 million
web sites on the topic doesn't always mean you can find
what you want.

Sci-Fi/fantasy sex pervert Sharon Green has a book where the
one protagonist can sometimes use a trance to sometimes
learn where things are or what is going to happen. A friend
of mine was angry at the book and didn't finish it, but
later I explained to him how it worked and he thought it
was ok. Powerful human space aliens placed a string of
observation satelites in orbit. They can see everything one
of our current satelites can see on earth, inc. infrared
penetration of light buildings. Clever computers figure out
what the users might want to know, and calculate probabilities
of wars, politics, economics, etc. The two evil aliens can
access this data which can be beamed into thier heads.
The protagonist is half-alien, so only has fuzzy access.

In this magic world, the magic info spell will not find
anything that has moved while under heavy cover, like caves.

Nils