Re: (TFT) Wizards at War --> Army with Aid spell.

Pasha and Rick Smith wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>         Note that only one person in 50 has the ability to
> use magic and only one person in 300 has the magical training
> needed to become a wizard.

Interesting.  In ITL, when distinguishing between heroes and
wizards, and how they learn talents and spells, it does specify
"player character" as part of the description of a hero.  (Since
ALL heroes can learn magic at 3 IQ per spell, this is a significant
piece of text.)  So I can see a case for applying the "one in fifty
will have some small ability with magic" background text to all NPC's.

>         This means that at best 2% of the troops COULD learn
> the Aid spell, but actually 1/6 of those have already be-
> come wizards.
>
>         I'm not saying that it wouldn't be worthwhile to
> train that <2% with Aid when you find them, but you won't
> get whole armies with the Aid spell.

Well then we're back to the Drain ST method.  Can't go over one's
normal ST with it, but at least allows for quick recovery when
an actual battle isn't going on.