Re: (TFT) Sci-Fi TFT

>I played around with some weapon formulas as well. <

Steve Jackson has said of his Ogre design that he always assumed that there
*was* a formula - he just never knew what it was.

He achieved his excellent play balance in Ogre simply by extensive
playtesting.

Many years later a player finally did *discover* the formula that seemed to
correspond to all of the appropriate vehicle designs and allowed new
designs to be 'instantly' play-balanced.

I presume that there is probably an underlying mathematics to the weapons
formula's for TFT. Again, it is probably more instinctive to SJ than known.

I'm not skilled enough to find it, but I strongly suspect it is there....

Michael