Re: (TFT) Unarmed figures engaging each other using 'free attack' engagement rul

From: "rsmith" <rsmith@lightspeed.ca>
Subject: (TFT) Unarmed figures engaging each other using 'free attack' engagement rules.
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 20:00:06 -0800
<snip>
	If I was running a bar room brawl, I would allow
people to disengage during movement (giving their
opponents a free attack with +3 damage or +3 DX). This
makes brawls more dynamic and make swinging from the
chandelier easier to do in game terms.

	Of course, if you ignore a big guy, he might just
deck you.

	If people are using daggers, broken bottles, and
killer UC talents, people start taking being engaged a
lot more seriously.

	Rick

That would work. The bar-room brawl in MOVIES usually is a fun-for-all and though people get knocked out they don't usually get maimed. The GM might even declare that all damage is the pulled punch kind that does not inflict permanent limb risk or death unless it is a Critical Hit: Then Full crit damage applies.

Hail Melee,
John Paul