RE: (TFT) RE: New Item: Maintain Summoning --> Elemental costs: president???

Just out of curiosity here:
How many TFT players know of or actually have a PC wizard capable of creating
magic items ?
If you do have such a 'high level' wizard, did they start as a 32 point
character and work their way up?

TFT Game Masters, do you have Wizards Guilds churning out powerful magic items
to order ?

Chris

=====

>Message text written by INTERNET:tft@brainiac.com
>>
>        Everyone and anyone is welcome to add this
>to their campaigns if they so wish, but I wonder
>if this is an item that TFT wants.
>

>        Rick<
>
>Very nicely put and I agree with the point.
>
>The principles I try to follow for this is as follows:
>
>1. In general, before even considering creating a new magic item, I try to
>create the spell used to enchant it. If the spell is balanced, then the
>magic item is probably balanced. If the spell isn't something I'd want all
>my PC wizards to have, the magic item will become even more problematic.
>Keep in mind that if its a spell every player will want, it's probably
>unbalanced.
>
>2. Does *any* fantasy world need more magic items? There are entire
>encyclopedias out there that insure that PCs could find a new magic item
>every day for the life of their campaigns without any duplicates. Is
>another new one really going to be fun for anyone but the designer of the
>magic item?
>
>3. Any magic item that exists to "bend rules" is probably a mistake. You
>cannot make a magic item rare enough to balance it.
>
>Michael
>0602 tm+ ru-- ge 3i-- c- jt+ au ls-- pi+ ta+ he++ kk hi+ as- va- dr- vr-
>ne-- so zh- vi+ da+ sy--
>=====
>Post to the entire list by writing to tft@brainiac.com.
>"unsubscribe tft"