(TFT) RE: New Item: Maintain Summoning --> Elemental costs: president???

        Everyone and anyone is welcome to add this
to their campaigns if they so wish, but I wonder
if this is an item that TFT wants.

        Rick<

Very nicely put and I agree with the point.

The principles I try to follow for this is as follows:

1. In general, before even considering creating a new magic item, I try to
create the spell used to enchant it. If the spell is balanced, then the
magic item is probably balanced. If the spell isn't something I'd want all
my PC wizards to have, the magic item will become even more problematic.
Keep in mind that if its a spell every player will want, it's probably
unbalanced.

2. Does *any* fantasy world need more magic items? There are entire
encyclopedias out there that insure that PCs could find a new magic item
every day for the life of their campaigns without any duplicates. Is
another new one really going to be fun for anyone but the designer of the
magic item?

3. Any magic item that exists to "bend rules" is probably a mistake. You
cannot make a magic item rare enough to balance it.

Michael
0602 tm+ ru-- ge 3i-- c- jt+ au ls-- pi+ ta+ he++ kk hi+ as- va- dr- vr-
ne-- so zh- vi+ da+ sy--