(TFT) Re: Answering my own question...sort of

My experience is different. I can name many major settings that it's not
possible to play with GURPS without a major overhaul.

Again, my experience is different, I can name several generic systems that
can handle the settings that GURPS can't without any significant tweaking.
TFT can handle most of them (though arguably not Supers!) without anything
more than a few new talents.

He's specifically asked me not to until he is 'done' but I'm fascinated
that he's gone so far and I'll definitely keep bugging him on it!

I'm certainly willing to agree to disagree - but I find it odd that you
would be interested in a GURPS re-write when the very idea that it needs
re-writing is such whimsy!  :}

Michael