Re: (TFT) Guns and Armour Penetration.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cas and Lisa (also Silvia, Max & Viveka) Liber"
<casliber@ozemail.com.au>
To: <tft@brainiac.com>

> > Ick -- I'll take your word for it. :-) But the bottom line is that
> equating
> > penetration with damage results in a system where unarmored people have
> > virtually no chance of surviving a gunshot, which is inaccurate.
> >

> simple rule then? add 1d6 of damage 2d6 hours after the shot to simulate
> blood loss/sepsis/organ damage etc. - only for very high velocity
missiles:

> I still say, without a hospital, then death is pretty likely. OK then, why
> not had 1 die of delayed gunshot damage and WILL occur 2d6 hours after
being
> hit unless the victim is being tended to by physickers/in a healing
temple/
> etc.
> This represents internal damage which will occur unless tended to:

Interesting rule. It reminds me of an article I read long ago that stated
that more gun fatalities occurred from the lowly .22 than any other round.
One big reason, it seems, was that people tended to think of a .22 wound as
not serious -- until they died of internal bleeding, organ damage, etc.

--Ty