RE: (TFT) TFT d20: The Heresy Continues... D&D magic

	Well I have been using TFT d20 for the last 5
weeks and the first reports are in.  My Players
hate it.

	I'm going to stick it out for another month
or two (basically let people get more used to it for
a while, then send in a final report).

	As for converting D&D spells to TFT, I have
to agree with David M.G.  Almost everyone I've talked
to likes the TFT magic system.

	I agree that missile spells are over powered.
I've fixed this in two ways.  First I've added to the
minimum IQ preq of missile spells.  +1 IQ for Magic
Fist; +2 IQ for Fireball; +3 IQ for Lightning; and
+4 IQ for Wizards Wrath.

	Second, I've said that a maximum of 5 fST per
turn can be put into a missile spell.  So if you
want to throw a 15 die Lightning bolt, you have to
ready it for 3 turns (with huge crackling energy
building up on your outstretched arm saying: 'kill
me fast!').

	(If the wizard is knocked down the missile
spell goes off in a random direction which is
irksome if a friendly party is about.)

	(This is taken from GURPS, but where as in
GURPS missile spells were really whimpy and had a
maximum of 3 fST, TFT Missile spells are still
scary, but just not as easy as they used to be to
cast.)

	Rick