Re: (TFT) TFT d20: The Heresy Continues... D&D magic

Rick I think you have hit the nail on the metaphysical head with rule
alterations 2 & 3. I agree about the reliance on blasting spells. I am wary
of the first however, but may be convinced yet. May I post them on an
'optional rules' page unless  you want to put them on a web spot somewhere?

> I agree that missile spells are over powered.
> I've fixed this in two ways.  First I've added to the
> minimum IQ preq of missile spells.  +1 IQ for Magic
> Fist; +2 IQ for Fireball; +3 IQ for Lightning; and
> +4 IQ for Wizards Wrath.

Not bad...........

> Second, I've said that a maximum of 5 fST per
> turn can be put into a missile spell.  So if you
> want to throw a 15 die Lightning bolt, you have to
> ready it for 3 turns (with huge crackling energy
> building up on your outstretched arm saying: 'kill
> me fast!').

I like it! Epsecially once the party makes an ST battery or two and allows
for more roleplaying and gives opportunity for setting up/justifying
ambushes etc.

> (If the wizard is knocked down the missile
> spell goes off in a random direction which is
> irksome if a friendly party is about.)

Good rule.