RE: (TFT) TFT d20: The Heresy Continues... D&D magic

I will be interested in knowing why and if it's merely a function of (a)
unfamiliarity or (b) resentment at their favorite tricks no longer being
rewarded (such as maximizing attributes).

Even if they don't like it, it's okay with me. Heck, even Martin Luther
allowed those who wanted to remain Catholics to remain Catholic :-)

> 	I'm going to stick it out for another month
> or two (basically let people get more used to it for
> a while, then send in a final report).

Sounds good.

> 	As for converting D&D spells to TFT, I have
> to agree with David M.G.  Almost everyone I've talked
> to likes the TFT magic system.

Huh. I've never had that experience. Perhaps I live in an evil parallel
universe or something...

> 	I agree that missile spells are over powered.
> I've fixed this in two ways.  First I've added to the
> minimum IQ preq of missile spells.  +1 IQ for Magic
> Fist; +2 IQ for Fireball; +3 IQ for Lightning; and
> +4 IQ for Wizards Wrath.

> 	Second, I've said that a maximum of 5 fST per
> turn can be put into a missile spell.  So if you
> want to throw a 15 die Lightning bolt, you have to
> ready it for 3 turns (with huge crackling energy
> building up on your outstretched arm saying: 'kill
> me fast!').

Yes, I have added similar restrictions.

> 	(If the wizard is knocked down the missile
> spell goes off in a random direction which is
> irksome if a friendly party is about.)
>
> 	(This is taken from GURPS, but where as in
> GURPS missile spells were really whimpy and had a
> maximum of 3 fST, TFT Missile spells are still
> scary, but just not as easy as they used to be to
> cast.)

I required 2 ST per die after the first 3 dice, but the philosophy is the
same.

--Ty