Re: (TFT) Fatigue: A Discussion - Part 1

Welcome aboard David.

Locally, we used a POwer stat (one GM called it MAna, it was the
same thing).  It wasn't a replacement for ST, a mage could still
spend ST (actually making himself easier to kill), and often
they would, after they spent all their PO, which just like for
you, was cheaper to buy than ST.

PO didn't save your life if all your ST was gone.  It recovered
faster than ST fatigue, I think 6 pts in an hour instead of 4.
And later, some high-power or subtle spells could only be cast
with PO, and some monsters and spells did PO damage, possibly
even real ST damage (at reduced ratios) after all PO was gone.