RE: (TFT) ST Battery Solution

exactly, the benefit is over time.  advancing the mage's ST is from the new
value, making it cheaper than if the mage started at the higher value.  the
savings increases quite a bit the longer you work at it.

I don't have time to do all the number-crunching right now, but imagine
this: a ST 30 mage (old dude) trying to use XP to increase to 31.  compare
this to a similar mage that keeps his ST around 20, but siphons off ST into
magic objects.  he is trying to increase his ST from 20 to 21.  now do this
everytime and the saving adds up.  of course, the risk is that magic items
can be stolen or destroyed....

Dave