Re: (TFT) Are TFT Magic Items Too Complicated?

rsmith wrote:
Hi all,
	If we were to republish TFT, would you say
that the system for making magic items is too
complicated?

Mostly...no.

Are the rules for magic item creation written somewhat
strangely and organized slightly worse than Fibber
McGee's closet?  Yes.  But I wouldn't say the system
itself is overly complicated.

The ST calculations are the only place where it gets
a little touchy.  That could perhaps be a bit simplified
by wording things in terms of people/day rather than
ST/day.  I mean, virtually everything has ST/day
requirements that are multiples of 25, so why not?

I also think that rather than saying that adding a
second or subsequent spell "requires more wizards"
and then saying elsewhere, "well of course, one guy
can do anything a team of X can do, it just takes X
times longer", it might be a little more intuitive
to state it the other way around.

	I am curious about what people think.  One
idea I've been playing around with is that there
are no NEEDED ingredients.  Everything can be
done with common ingredient but if you have the
special stuff, it costs a little bit less to make or maybe is a bit better an item.

Sounds fine, but this is extending the system, not
simplifying it.