(TFT) Come one, come all ! Potions for all spells

Hi all,
	I could easily see a hurtled potions
smashing on the floor.  Strange fumes
spreading and sinking into the stones and
causing them to become sticky or slippery.

	Having said that, I am not keen on
the idea of every spell = every potion =
every magic item.

	While it saves typing for the game
designer to be able to say, "see spell X
for the effects of this potion".  I think
that the game has more flavor if alchemists,
chemists, item enchanters and spell casters
all have their own strengths that the
others can not duplicate.

	The effects that gods give their
priests are not mentioned in the above
discussion.  Should not 'priest magic'
logically be duplicated by chemical,
alchemical, magic items and magical effects
as has been suggested for the other four
modes of accomplishing things do?

	What is more, if TFT is expanded with
more forms of magic such as necromancy,
blood magics, existential magic, rune magic
glyffs, environmental magics, etc., it would
be a huge task to duplicate all the new
spells and effects in magic items (and
priestly effects if those are included).

	Also is it appropriate for normal
magic to duplicate all the effects of
existential magics, environmental magics
etc.?

	Magic items are closely related to
spell casting type magics, so it is logical
that the two would have many congruencies.
But I am not bothered that their are some
magic items that have no spells and vise-
versa.  Some things are easier in the new
mode than the old.

	I think it would be more interesting,
that different forms of 'technology' should
have different effects and rules as seems
appropriate for that class of effects.

	Rick