Re: (TFT) More on Predict Weather & Control Weather.

In a message dated 2/27/2003 8:04:19 PM Central Standard Time,
mfraser@canada.com writes:

> On a more fundamental level, I agree with Rick and Cas's arguments that
this
> spell doesn't cost enough fatigue for the (potentially large) area that if
> affects.

That's a fair criticism. I do tend to lowball St costs for new spells, partly
because I've toned down the St costs in Etan for existing spells (mostly by
increasing duration), and partly because I think there's a too-great tendency
to give high-IQ spells a high St cost. I'd like to see more high-IQ / low-St
spells in general, even if "Control Weather" isn't appropriate as one.

So... What do you (Matt, Rick, Cas, et al) think is the appropriate St cost
for what the spell does?

Erol K. Bayburt
Evil Genius for a Better Tomorrow