RE: Re:(TFT) Hymenopterans Version --> Roberts food economy

Robert Morger
Boerne, TX
rmorger@2ev1.net

>Hi Robert,
>	Very nice post.  In the Chitin 1 war game the bugs
>were fighting over 'valaroes' (sp?) which I saw as some
>sort of sticky plant.  I've always figured that the
>hive would depend mainly on plants, but would take meat
>when ever they could get it as meat has higher kJoules
>/ kg.
>
>	This means that if a hive has a significant amount
>of warriors killed, the farms would support it and allow
>the population to regrow.  Since there is sufficient
>food, there is no need for the warriors to go ranging,
>and this would cause them to bump into PC's less.
>
>	On the other hand, the farms are a lot easier to
>find, so your players would have to go into the hive
>(or at least siege it) to finish the bugs off.  I rather
>like having my PC's having to fight their way into the
>hives themselves.
>
>	Rick

Also the reason I gave them an Achilles Heal of the Queen/Queens
having to rest and a lesser control being exerted on the hive
during these periods.

I did not give the amount of time required for a queen to sleep in
a 48 hour period, or when or what will cause a queen to awaken
from sleep putting the hive back in alert mode. I think these
would need to be figured by the Individual DM/GM for his campaign.
Besides we all seem to have a need/want to fiddle with stats
anyway. B^)

Robert

Sent via the EV1 webmail system at mail.ev1.net