Re: (TFT) A Thought on the St Cost to Renew Spells

rsmith wrote:
	This is quite a powerful way to
spread the cost of spells around (making
wizards and magic even more powerful) so
I would put strong restrictions on this.

I'm also a bit wary of this. A minimum IQ threshold for maintaining would be needed. If you don't use the increased ST costs for multi-hex figures the whole deal becomes much more dangerous. As far as hero/wizard balance, I don't see a problem. While it indirectly helps wizards by making them more flexible, it directly helps the non-wizards (they're probably the ones getting the spells afterall) so I'd say it's a wash from that point of view.

	Rick
Any other ideas? Thoughts?

If you really want to limit it, limit it to spells that the other figure actually knows (and place no other limits or difficulties on the process). That might encourage heros to pick up some spells, since the knowlege would be of use without having to go through the -4 DX/no iron agony of actually casting them. This makes it pretty limited, but still useful.