Re: (TFT) toxicology

There were several excellent articles in the Dragon magazine
about this topic that I can recall.  As near as I can recall,
one was entitled "Poisons: A-Z" and the other was on the
most evil of NPC's (and therefore the most fun to play), the
Anti-Paladin.
The article on Anti-Paladins was interesting in that it
discussed multi-stage poisons or poisons that require
ingredients A, B and C to be lethal.  For example, the AP
might invite his intended victim over for dinner, the
dinner sprinkled with ingredients A and B, but the candles
in the victims room give off ingredient C when lit. Dan Cas and Lisa (also Silvia, Max & Viveka) Liber writes:
Hmmm......actually there is some clever roleplaying material in there. WRT
fungi, the most poisonous group, which includes the Death Cap (Amanita
phalloides), the Destroying Angel (Amanita virosa) and the Fools Mushroom
(Amanita verna) which between them kill most people around the globe - the
kicker is that the poor folk who consume them are often asymptomatic for up
to 48 hours before they go into massive liver failure (and die)....
A good way to assassinate people methinks? (or story hook) Party summoned to
chase assassins who have fled with 2 days start as the king heads to that
great big coronation in the sky.................