Re: (TFT) Healing spells in TFT.

Yep. I always track individual wounds, and generally allow physicking (and
bleeding!) on each wound. In addition to making more sense, it has the
interesting effect that minor injuries get healed a lot faster, while the
memorable serious blows end up being the important ones that have someone
limping and groaning for days or weeks.

Neil, have you had parties who travel with a wagon for barrels of healing
potion?

As I said before, I quite enjoy deadly combat and the possiblity of
longer-term injuries. Characters getting seriously hurt can be an
opportunity for interesting situations, trying to protect them, causing
the less butch to have to be on guard duty, having some interesting
non-combat situations, or making the usually-fearless warriors have a
taste of weakness, etc. Trivializing injury can remove those
possibilities. I guess you cold still have such episodes when the healer
is unavailable, though. Like Neil, though, I rarely found it a problem.
Players had to adapt by using proper caution, and also by bringing NPC's
along to help share the risk. When your cannon fodder are all dead and the
wagon is full of loot, the prudent adventurer considers heading back to
town... ;-)

PvK