(TFT) Why not GURPS?

Just before GURPS first appeared, my main TFT pal and I had played TFT combat so much (about 7 years) that we started developing an improved system to cover all of the weak spots, which was a lot of work. Things like the lack of ways for skilled fighters to avoid getting hit, more detailed differences between types of weapons and armor, less predictable combat, a more logical and detailed skill system, etc. Then GURPS showed up and seemed to do an elegant job of addressing pretty much all of the things we had been trying to improve. So I adapted my TFT campaign to GURPS, still using ITL and my campaign work as the "world book", but using the character and combat systems from GURPS, which was pretty easy to do.

My questions for the list are:

Why do you play TFT and not GURPS?

What aspects of TFT do you prefer?

What aspects of GURPS don't you like?

Personally, I still really like the ITL game world, and prefer many aspects of it to GURPS fantasy races and much of the magic system. But I don't quite see why one would stick with the GURPS character and combat systems, unless just for nostalgia, compatibility, and simplicity.

PvK