Re: (TFT) Healing spells in TFT.

In a message dated 9/17/2003 4:51:23 AM Central Daylight Time,
david_michael_grouchy_ii@hotmail.com writes:

> >From: ErolB1@aol.com
> >
> >Do you consider it a bug or a feature if "walking wounded" characters with
> >half-healed wounds are low on "hit points" and thus vulnerable to sudden
> >death
> >from further injuries that are relatively minor?
>
> Erol,
>    I see your point (I think.)  But I think the player who suggested even
> slower healing rates was shooting for the increased vulnerablility version.
>
> He wanted more down time, and characters to take much longer before they
> were ready to fight again.

I understand what your player wanted, and even sympathize to a limited
extent. My point is that I don't agree with his method. I think that low hit points
is a poor way to deplict the *walking* wounded - that characters who have to
spend a long time healing through a low hit point stage feel 'brittle' rather
than 'wounded.' That a character who slowly recovers hit points has little or
no zone between 'bed-ridden invalid' and 'not 100% yet, but still ready to
fight.'

I was wondering if you and/or your player considered the brittleness of a
low-hit-point character to be a *good* depliction of the character's wounds, or
if the brittleness and vulnerablity to everyday accidents was an unfortunate
side effect of encouraging the character to keep out of fights.

If the latter, then I'd suggest looking at some penalty other than reduced
hit points to represent slowly healing wounds or permanent injury (and to
encourage wounded characters to take down time). If the former, then my suggestion
won't be very useful.

--
Erol K. Bayburt
ErolB1@aol.com