RE: (TFT) Secondary Strike --> New triggering conditions.

Peter wrote:
>"You get the extra attack if your main attack roll
>is an even number less than your IQ, (or 14,
>whichever is greater)."

	Don't you mean, which ever is less?

	Having it happen on even numbers would
make it occur too often, IMO.   A special,
unusual attack becomes pretty mundane if it
happens about half the time.

	I kind of like the idea that it is
triggered by the enemies' attack.  Picture
Jackie Chan with his arms held behind his
back being hit by other figures.  He twists
so that the first attack hits the arm of
the guy holding him, his foot sweeps around
kicking the next guy over a sofa.  These
blows are allowed even tho he is pinned.

	Such events just can't occur in regular
TFT.

>These versions though are more powerful than the
>original - they might want to cost 2 IQ points
>rather than 1, though I don't think you'd need
>a minimum IQ, at least for the version I proposed,
>since it is naturally reduced in value by IQ.
>Also, it'd be "nice" to have low-IQ dirty
>fighters using this.

	All talents in TFT have a minimum IQ.  I
don't think that this talent should break that
rule.

>Another idea would be to add a risk to fighting
>this way, instead of requiring a talent that
>takes IQ points. For example, anyone could try
>for an opportunity attack if they rolled an even
>number below their IQ, but a 14 or 15 on that
>roll would result in a flub, such as:
>
>(roll one die)
>1: Roll 4/DX or fall down.
>2: Stumble around - you're at +2 to be hit until next turn.
>3: Your opportunity weapon becomes unready, or hurt your hand/foot (1
point).
>4: Drop your opportunity weapon, or hurt your hand/foot (2 points).
>5: Main weapon becomes unready.
>6: Drop your main weapon.

	If you wanted to drop the IQ requirement
so low IQ figures can fight dirty, then having
some sort of penalty such as you suggest would
sit a lot better with me.

	Rick