RE: (TFT) Secondary Strike --> New triggering conditions.

At 10:48 PM 11/15/03 -0800, rsmith wrote:
        I don't think that Dave's version of the
talent is UNBALANCED.  I just would be happier
if the effect was triggered by something other
than missing by one.

        This sort of fast punch reminds me of
fight scenes from Jackie Chan movies.  ...

Oh right, sorry, I saw what you meant originally,
but was sidetracked by the later thread posts.

A simpler version of your suggestion, which takes
IQ into account:

"You get the extra attack if your main attack roll
is an even number less than your IQ, (or 14,
whichever is greater)."

You'd want to decide whether you wanted to apply
this on critical hits or not, as well. Sort of
a minor detail, though.

These versions though are more powerful than the
original - they might want to cost 2 IQ points
rather than 1, though I don't think you'd need
a minimum IQ, at least for the version I proposed,
since it is naturally reduced in value by IQ.
Also, it'd be "nice" to have low-IQ dirty
fighters using this.

Another idea would be to add a risk to fighting
this way, instead of requiring a talent that
takes IQ points. For example, anyone could try
for an opportunity attack if they rolled an even
number below their IQ, but a 14 or 15 on that
roll would result in a flub, such as:

(roll one die)
1: Roll 4/DX or fall down.
2: Stumble around - you're at +2 to be hit until next turn.
3: Your opportunity weapon becomes unready, or hurt your hand/foot (1 point).
4: Drop your opportunity weapon, or hurt your hand/foot (2 points).
5: Main weapon becomes unready.
6: Drop your main weapon.

PvK