Re: (TFT) Spellcasting, Fatigue, Wounds and Arrows

Two points here:

(1) most swords do 2 or 3 dice with mods. Since the Rapier is the odd man
out in terms of how it deals damage (exclusively thrust vs. shearing or
thrusting and shearing) this seems a good way to differentiate it without
much trouble. (note: purists will jibe me for saying "exclusively"
thrusting, which is true, but since it is 95%+ used for thrusting I think I
am justified in saying just so)

(2) the 2-7 damage range is probably slightly more reflective of "reality"
(using the term loosely) than a -1to9 range, since a rapier is (generally)
only going to poke a narrow (albeit deep and dangerous) little hole in you -
but a shearing weapon (e.g. broadsword) can literally *cut you in half*. So,
while a rapier is assured of some damage from its small but deep wound, the
latter weapon type might deliver a superficial cut OR it might cleave you
from head to crotch.

Another way of looking at it: on a "good" blow, a rapier will waste much of
its potential on "blow through". In other words, once its poked all the way
through the several inches (more or less) of your torso, it cant really do
much more to you. But a shearing weapon can keep cutting through its arc,
and cover much more "ground", and, as previously stated, leave you in two
(or more) pieces. No rapier ever made can do that...