(TFT) Test of general MELEE knowledge, NUMBER IV

- ---------------------------------------
- -- here is where the argument starts --
- ---------------------------------------

   Arron is now engaged, and takes his last shot option.  Well, to no
surprise he hits.  He does decent damage and kills Orc 4 who is already
badly wounded.
   Orc 3 stands up, though his cutlass is still on the ground at his feet.
   Arron wants to take his second shot at Orc 3.
   Orc 3 says he can't.  He says the archer took a "last shot option", and
according to the rules, not only does he not get a second shot but he HAS to
drop his bow as well.

   How would you rule?

\__/  \__/  \__/
/  \__/
\__/
/  \
\__/
/ob\
\__/
/  \
\__/
/o3| standing on body
\__/
/ob\
\__/
/a \
\__/

     David Michael Grouchy II

O4 didn't get an attack; he was mown down before he could do anything. I'd rule that Arron could shoot again.

I *might* be persuaded to change if O4 was high enough DX that he actually *did* get to attack before getting plugged. In that case I might rationalize that Arron had to squirm around enough (trying to avoid the blow) to ruin the rhythm of his archery practice for that turn. Might not say that, too, and I'm inclined not to, being an archery fan.

I agree with John on the orcs' tactics, of course.

Agreed also with PvK on the -4 DX vs. 50/50. 50/50 is when both targets are wrestling around. In this case one is a corpse.
--
					- Mark
			210-522-6025, page 888-733-0967