Re: (TFT) Test of general MELEE knowledge, NUMBER IV

On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 10:05, David Michael Grouchy II wrote:
>      SECOND:
>      When Orc 3 first went around the corner and saw the fallen bodies with
> arrows sticking out of them, he decided to run all the way up and engage the
> archer.  This is not allowed.  He had origionaly intended to move only half
> his MA, or 5 hexes.  Now, while one can change their action after moving,
> they can not change their movement.  I feel that Orc 3 quite obviously
> change from a MOVE HALF MA OR LESS to an option of MOVE UP TO FULL MA.

Hi David,
   I disagree with this point above.  You are allowed
to change your option to meet new situations if the
movement you have already spent does not preclude the
new option.

   So I take the move 1/2 and do 'something' option,
and half way thru my movement phase say, "wait, I
have to move full".  So I switch to the Move full MA
option.  Has the movement I've spent so far preclude
me from taking this option? No, figures who want to
move full MA may also move 1/2 MA.  (In fact they
must on their way up to moving full MA.)

   Now, you could not move 1/2 MA during movement &
then during the ACTION phase change your action to
move full MA and start moving again. Movement is
over.

   What you said above would be technically true if
the rules gave you a specific time when you were
allowed to change the option but they do not.  You
may change your option at any time, including the
middle of movement, providing your new option is not
precluded by your previous movement.

   I'VE GOT NOTHING DONE THIS MORNING!!!  TFT IS
EATING MY LIFE!!!  JUST LIKE WHEN I WAS IN HIGH
SCHOOL!!!

   Rick