Re: (TFT) Converting to TFT (Monsters Animals)

In a message dated 5/19/2004 1:26:53 PM Central Daylight Time,
resmondo@msn.com writes:

> On Ty's website is a reprint concerning AD&D to TFT from the master
> himself...
>
> http://www.reese.org/tft/DNDTFTMN.htm

I have the original article somewhere in my collection of old gaming mags.
And I remember, when I first read it, that I didn't think it gave a good
conversion for determining TFT St.

The conversion I came up with was to take the AD&D monster height or length
(in feet - something always given in the original 1st Ed Monster Manual), and
multiply by 1x if the monster was "small", by 2x if it was "medium/man-sized"
or by 3x if it was "large."

Thus a 6 ft tall orc would have St 12, a 10 ft tall giant would have St 30, a
20 ft long dragon would have St 60, and so on. Of course some critters would
need individual adjustment, if "unusually" strong or weak for their size. But
it would be a starting point.

Unfortunately, I couldn't come with an equivalent starting point for Dx -
nothing better than the article's "pick whatever 'feels' right" for the monster.

Erol K. Bayburt
Evil Genius for a Better Tomorrow