Re: (TFT) Dinosaurs for TFT

From: dwtulloh@zianet.com
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 13:20:52 -0600

>Ok, Im back ... and now that Im able to think more clearly ...
>
>> The DX for the giant herbivores (apatosaurs, brachiosaurs, etc)
>> seems high, particularly if they are being attacked by
humanoids.

>Arrrgh ... I meant to say if they are ATTACKING humanoids.

Possibly agreed.(best I can do B^)

>Regarding the herbivores: how long is the tail?  I think dragon's
>only get the hex immediately behind the body - but could dinos
>have a 3 or 4 hex tail?   I would think so ...

Absolutely in fact some of them almost half of their length would
be tail.

>I would think that the herbivores favorite attack would be a
>shield rush kind of maneuver.

I think it would be to flee first and then any means necessary
afterwards.

>I didnt see it in your list ... but what about DILOPHOSAURUS
>(spelling?).  In JURASSIC PARK, this dino spit venom at its prey
>in order to blind it and make the prey an easy meal.   Maybe
>treat this as a thrown weapon with a -4 DX to get it in the eyes?
>( eyes are a small target, -6DX, but its a pretty big wad of spit,
>+2DX for a total of -4. )
Unfortunately that is the stuff of hollywood there is no evidence
that Dilopho-whatever had any poison sacs like a spitting cobra
(they are noticable in the skull cavity of the cobra)but such
could be in the realm of possibility. Look at ESTASIA for the
poison. (the other thing in J Park that was hollywoodised were the
velocoraptors they were actually either Deinonochus or Utahraptors)

>Interesting stuff, Robert!   Definitely some food for thought
>here!

Thanks these guys are one of my favorites
>Dan

Robert Morger
Pangaea_TFT Fantasy RPG adventure
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Pangaea_TFT/