Re: (TFT) RE: Whats up with the attachments?

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 14:58:37 -0500
"David Michael Grouchy II" <david_michael_grouchy_ii@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >David I have received 4 different messages through the TFT list
> >that have no content just a attachment that has been stripped. Are
> >you sending these or does your computer have a bug?
>
> Robert,
>     Thanks for the message.  I have been trying to track this down for 2
> weeks.  Yes one, if not more, of the computers on my home network has
> contracted something bad.  Myabe the router itself.  But I can't seem to
> find or cure it.

Folks, it's important to note that if the mail is shown as coming from
David's computer, it's very likely NOT his computer that's infected.
It's commonplace for these viruses to use random names from the infectee's
address book to forge both the to and the from address in the virus.

Ain'tcha glad I strip out all the nastiness?