Re: (TFT) Main gauche (two weapon) attacks and adjDX

Thanks. Ya, I was including IQ.

At 05:09 PM 8/7/04 -0700, Christopher Fuhrman wrote:
--- Peter von Kleinsmid <pvk@oz.net> wrote:

<SNIP>
> P.S., I was thinking about your simulator the other day. I'd be
> interested
> to see some statistics, if you feel like doing the work, that would
> run
> numbers but with comparisons of armor as a constant. This would
> result in
> some statistics about whether armor was a net advantage or
> disadvantage for
> 32-point characters, or for characters at different DX levels. It
> seemed to
> me that often adding even Leather or Chain was a bad idea for
> characters
> with DX below the 12-14 range, due to the DX penalty, but I'd be
> interested
> to see what your simulator had to say about that theory.

Hi Peter,

One of the current things I am working on is a button that allows you
to add customized heroes to the list in the simulator. I have it
working now for ST8/DX8 + 8 characters (24 total), which can then be
equipped according to the rules for ST. I'm not sure when you say 32
if you take into consideration IQ?

If you mean 24-point Melee characters, then you can already try out
your theory with the simulator as-is, just by selecting only the
heroes with the configurations you want.

If not, then I could consider allowing the creation of custom
characters with higher than 24 point totals; it shouldn't be a
problem.

In much of my experimenting with the current release of the
simulator, I've arrived at the conclusion that two of the better
fighters are

061:ST12;DX12;BROADSWORD;NO_ARMOR;SMALL_SHIELD
068:ST13;DX11;MORNINGSTAR;NO_ARMOR;SMALL_SHIELD

neither of which has armor. Pitted against one another, it's a good
battle. The first tends to be more often victorious, but the results
are close.

By the way, heroes 061 and 061b are identical heroes. I use them as a
sanity check for my results (they should be close to equal number of
victories when they fight each other).

Cris