Re: (TFT) Re: TFT Digest V3 #629

Yea. I liked the first AH Starship Trooper game as well. Speaking of science fiction genre games was anyone out there a fan of Space Hulk? It was a cleaver rip-off of both the Traveler game "Snapshot" and the movie "Alien" but my gaming group got a lot of mileage out of it. In fact I dusted it off a few weeks ago and played it with some friends. What a fun time. It was the last great game that Games Workshop published. Maybe there's some ideas from it that could be incorporated into Melee.

Also: Has anyone checked out Hasbro's "HeroScape"? It's a 3D hex based game complete with painted figures that reminds me just a little bit of a certain game that most of us on this list enjoy greatly. I've been toying with three dimensional Melee game boards (hills, ravines, trees, etc.) for years now and it's interesting to see how Hasbro handled it.

--David O. Miller