RE: (TFT) Experimental Injury and Healing rules - comments appreciated.

> I've been toying with something like this myself. I'd be inclined to
> require
> a second roll to run away (if the first roll failed).

Hmm, maybe incorporated into the same roll. Miss by 5 or more, fall to the
ground?

> >A combat is considered a new combat if there are 20 or more rounds of no
> >combat among any of its participants.
>
> I'd be inclined to make it 12 or 24 turns (1 or 2 minutes)

That is better. I'd go with 24. I just forgot if it was a 5 sec or 6 sec
turn.

> >Options for how to use it in a game
> >1) In a "realistic" game, everybody makes this roll
> >  Additional options
> >  a) An IQ 9 skill (1 pt) - Combat Focus, makes this roll automatic
> >     or
> >  b) Heros automatically have this skill, wizards make take it for 1 pt
> >2) "Heroic" characters (all PCs and key NPCs) don't make this roll.
>
> I prefer to put things like this on a sliding scale, if possible.

I know what you mean about the sliding scale, but most of the literature
seemed to suggest such an all or none effect.

> Also I
> prefer to avoid adding new talents - especially "must have" talentsf for
> PCs.

Me too, but some people don't mind. Myself, I'd probably play option 2
anyway.

So
> maybe:
>
> 3 dice base roll vs base St
>
> +1 die per extra 2 pts damage taken (4 dice if you took 3 pts, 5 dice if
> you
> took 5 pts, etc.)
>
> -1 die per two points worth of melee combat talents that you have (basic &
> pe
> culiar melee weapon talents, fencing, two weapons, warrior, veteran, the
> UC
> talents)

That would be pretty easy to keep track of, & for many heroes, might make it
a defacto success anyway on light hits.

> I'm not sure how I'd factor in wizard spells into this. Possibly count
> certain spells as equivalent to melee combat talents. Or possibly let
> talents
> learned by a wizard count double (since they pay double) - but have
> wizards w/o
> combat talents be wimps.

Yeah, hard to say, but again, obviated if you take Option 2.

> The character would have to make a roll when first injured in a combat,
> and
> again whenever he takes an injury serious enough to require a roll on a
> larger
> number of dice.

True, it was not clear in the reports if it is likely to shrug off such a
psychological effect and then succumb to it later in the same firefight.

> >This could be used in place of or in addition to the -2 DX rule.
>
> I'd strongly recommend using it in place of the -2 Dx rule, rather than in
> addition. But that's just me :-)

Again, me too, but I just mention it to be complete.

Thanks for the comments,

Marc